Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Baby Boyd: 21 Weeks

YES, 21 weeks!  I skipped week 20 after finding out my new due date at my ultrasound.  So, August 24th it is!  Why all the excitement?  Well, I was really hoping that Lyric and this next baby would have different birth months and the news makes this more possible.  Phew!

The ultrasound was great!  The technician said it took a little longer to get all the measurements because she couldn't keep up with Baby Boyd moving around so much.  Looks like we have another busy one! She made sure to keep all private parts out of sight and managed to not let any clues slip about the gender.  Another Phew!

The baby is the length of a 10 1/2 inch carrot, weighing in at 3/4 of a pound.  All measurements are now head to foot instead of head to rump.  (Looks like stubby legs in the pic, but they are just bent.) :)

This week has been good!  I've had my fair share of red meat (pretty unusual because I don't really like to cook it myself): fancy birthday burgers and a couple nights of steak kabobs.  Bring on the iron! I have felt a handful or so of Braxton Hicks.  Still nothing different than last pregnancy besides looking much farther along.  Next week we get to visit Doctor Lewis.  Until then, let the kicking continue!

No comments:

Post a Comment