Saturday, March 3, 2012

The Beginning


Welcome to my first blog!  I wanted to provide a window for all of you to peek in and keep up with all the big changes in our family’s life.  As you know we found out we were pregnant a few weeks ago and were shocked when finding out.  It’s been a journey...a journey that took much longer than we planned.
Bryan and I were driving home from Albuquerque after the 4th of July in 2010.  During the 9 hours of travel, we discussed the idea of baby again.  (I had gotten the itch about 6 months prior.)  Somewhere between Gallup and Flagstaff, we decided that we would get off birth control when we got home.  I was so ecstatic!  To think that we would have a baby in a month OR Okay let’s be realistic here people by the end of the year was something exciting and scary to look forward to.  
When Christmas of 2010 came around, we were still without baby.  But, we continued positive thinking.  Then Easter came, summer, and here we were at Christmas again.  One-and-a-half-years...REALLY?!  It was one of the most trying times of my life.  I experienced let down, hopelessness, jealousy, bitterness...Why couldn’t I have a baby God?  I have followed Your Word, been a good follower, prayed like You asked me to.  But Oh, I needed to let go of the control that consumes me and my life and hand it all over to Him.  But I can do this...If I only try this method now...I’ll pretend to be happy to see pregnant women so God will see my selflessness.  Wait a second!  This life is not about me and what I want.  This life is about loving Jesus with all your heart and desiring Him over anything else in this world.  Wanting Jesus forever, Jesus is all I need!  And if Jesus is all I need, then I am set for life. I have Him here all the time in the center of my heart.  
What a load off!  I began smiling more, not loathing when I saw beautiful pregnant women, and living a life excited for gifts to come (in God’s timing of course!).  Christmas 2011 was not about what I wanted, but what I already had.  A supportive husband, a loving family, life-long friends, and a God who was right beside me. 
It was a Saturday morning in January: I woke up that day with a feeling that I should probably take a pregnancy test due to the fact that my body wasn’t responding correctly to the medication I had taken [progesterone (special hormones) to begin a cycle].  I have taken this medication about 3 times previous and each time my body reacted the same way. This time was different.  It’s 7:30 in the morning and I head to the bathroom to take a test.  Now, I have taken many of these tests over the past one-and-a-half years...I no longer get my hopes up.  I mosey around in the bathroom for a few minutes to wait for the results, pluck my eyebrows, brush my hair, and then I peek over to see what the stick says today.  To my surprise, there are 2 pink lines and I am astounded.  I walk towards Bryan, stick in my hand, eyes open wide, tears building up.   Hello Baby! and Thank you, God!
Now we are at 10 weeks and the doctor says that everything looks great!  We have seen the heartbeat, watched a little dance, and look forward to each new week as it brings new things.
I will be posting blogs as often as I can. Expect something once a week with a picture of progress. (All art work is credited to my Super-Mom.)  My family’s and I are so excited to grow in this journey together.  
Thank you for all the prayers, words of encouragement, and love being sent our way.  We are incredibly grateful.  Continue to prayer for health and strong development.  
For when you did awesome things that we did not expect, you came down and the mountains trembled before you.  Since ancient times no one has heard, no ear has perceived, no eye has seen any God besides you, who acts on behalf of those who wait for Him.  -Isaiah 64:3-4

2 comments:

  1. Whitney, this blog is amazing! I am so glad you are sharing your story and inviting people to join you on this journey. I am so happy and excited for you guys!!! Love you tons!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whitney- I know that I don't know you personally, but you must be an amazing person if Bryan married you! I am super excited for you guys! You seem like a VERY SWEET girl and I want to thank you for sharing your story! It is very helpful for someone like me who has had previous struggles getting pregnant. (It took my husband and I almost 3 years to get pregnant and be able to keep a pregnancy because I miscarried twice before God blessed us with our daughter.) We are now trying again and it is taking longer than expected, but I am hanging in there(which has been a struggle because I am surrounded by pregnant women.) I just want to thank you for reminding me that it really is all in God's timing and not mine. I am again super excited for you guys! I will pray that all continues to go well for you and that you and baby are healthy through the pregnancy and delivery!

    ReplyDelete