Saturday, July 7, 2012

28 Weeks: 1/3 more to go!


Happy Fourth of July everyone!  Third Trimester here we are!  I cannot believe that we will have a baby in 3 months or so.  

Baby’s progress: 28 weeks
Total weight gain for Mommy: 9 lbs based on last doctor's appointment.  I go in next week to see any progress (which there better be! )  I need this baby to grow!
Food cravings: I think I figured it out.  I have not gotten any of those weird pregnancy cravings nor have I ever really craved something tremendously.  Instead, I get excited to eat the same items everyday like: Oatmeal with bananas and cinnamon, Cheese-Itz (keep these things away from me!), and watermelon (about half of one).  Things I still need to eat while pregnant because I would never eat them otherwise: French Toast (Will add more to list as I progress).
Feeling nauseous? No
Symptoms of pregnancy: Now that I know that I can easily get overheated, I make sure to plan accordingly to avoid passing out.  I usually sit in front of the fan right after a shower and wait to do my hair after I have cooled down from the bathroom lights.  Sometimes I will even bring a chair into the bathroom and do my hair sitting down.  
Working out: I think it's about that time to retire running.  Sigh.  My hamstrings and adductors are starting to become really sore after I run so I end up limping around during the day from pain.  Walking and lifting weights will continue as my body allows it.  Maybe a quick jog now and then... :)
Maternity clothes?: Wore a shirt the other day that still seems too big (in every area besides my belly).  Where are all the maternity clothes that fit?!  Wore a pair of my normal jeans the other day that worked with the help of a rubber hair tie to keep them pulled up.  :)  Don't plan on buying any maternity clothes if I don't have to.  
Mood: Feeling good!  Besides the fact that my best friend (named Husband) left me for Church Camp Thursday morning.  I won't see him for 11 days. Pray for a great time to connect students to Jesus!
Sleep: Bathroom breaks rule the night along with pillow changes during each turn over.  Trying to stay off my back, but I seem to end up there many times.  Good thing I have a comfy bed!
Movement: We have an alien in there!  Baby Boyd is moving with kicks and presses.  (Presses meaning keeping a foot or hand up against my belly for several seconds.)  When there is a press, I lightly touch the area and imagine touching Baby's little hands and feet.  
Stretch marks?: No
Wedding ring on? Yes
Best moment of the week: Really spending as much time with Bryan as possible.  On July 4, we had our last full day off together before Baby comes.  Crazy right?  When we get back from North and South Carolina, I only have a week before I start school again.  The only day of the week he has off is Friday, which is a work day for me.  We have had a fun time going around the city looking for new things for Baby and the new House.  I am so blessed to have a Husband who doubles as my Best Friend.  
Miss anything from life before baby?: Anything with artificial sweetener in it.  Sometimes I just want Diet to avoid all the real sugar.  (I know, this is terrible!)
Looking forward to: Making some skirts with my Mom this week and finishing my Wedding Book (haha!)  3 years later and I am finally determined to get that Book done! :)


Hope you have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment